REVENUE SPECIALIST II, Branch Operations Call Center Supervisor
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||5/18/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,717.00 - $69,134.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting.
Experience: Four years of experience performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within two or more of the specialized fields of revenue administration or performing work in tax assessments, collections, investigations, examinations, adjustments or taxpayer services within the motor fuel/motor carrier tax field. The specialized fields may include sales and use tax, income tax, admissions and amusement tax, withholding tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, and any other revenue levy authorized by the legislature.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous Supervisor Experience
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Call Center Experience
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge and experience of Maryland State Tax Laws and Forms
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#