REVENUE SPECIALIST II
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||7/6/2022 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,525.00 - $77,504.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree, with twelve credit hours in accounting or auditing, from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in finance technician classification or finance technician specialty codes in the financial clerical and technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior supervisory/management experience.
- Customer Service Experience.
- Organizational skills
- Experience with personal computer applications.
- Experience and knowledge in Maryland State tax and forms.
- Experience and knowledge of Federal tax and forms.
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Employee must be able to work in a full-time capacity: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require operation of a personal motor vehicle. Employee assigned such duties will be required to possess driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Evening and weekend work may be required especially during peak times of the year.
- Employee must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers. Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing ladders, delivering supplies, etc.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting companies.
- Leave may be limited during certain times of the year due to high volume events, projects or special assignments.
- The position is consider one of the agency's emergency essential personnel.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.