ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Intake Coordinator (Fulltime Contractual Position)
|Department||DoIT State Chief of Information Technology|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23.55 to $24.43/hour|
|HR Analyst||Cindy Mann|
The Department of Information Technology (DoIT) supports Maryland’s agencies and commissions through its leadership and strategic direction in Information Technology and Telecommunications. Establishing long range target technology architecture, encouraging cross agency collaboration and advocating best practices for operations and project management.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Ticket management:
- Assist in monitoring the queue for special request tickets created through the Intake mailbox,
- Triage new intake tickets to determine next steps for the request,
- Identify tickets to be auto-routed,
- Route tickets after the weekly intake committee meeting,
- Route tickets among assignment groups during the life cycle of the ticket,
- Interact with customer agencies, DoIT service owners, and the Portfolio Office, as needed, while triaging and routing requests.
- Data management:
- Prepare reports,
- Research old and existing special request tickets,
- Check status of open special request tickets.
- Update trackers for specific types of requests.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Working knowledge of Google mail, documents, sheets and meetings.
Customer service experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency and have a current employment contract of 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) will be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Paid leave will accrue at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.