ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Tree Planting Supervisor *REPOST*
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||5/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,439.00 - $73,770.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Courtney Blackistone|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- 1 year of experience supervising or leading other employees.
- Experience with tree planting, paid or volunteer
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with working with forestry and/or urban forestry field work, particularly tree identification
- Experience with working with nonprofits and local government and/or tree planting programs including managing volunteers
- Experience with databases, spreadsheets, and GIS systems
- Knowledge of non-native invasive species and control techniques
- Experience with outreach, marketing, or graphics
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.