ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,525.00 - $77,504.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Joseph Walters|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The position is responsible for supervising clerical staff to ensure maximum performance of employees by providing them with the necessary training, tools and environment to satisfactorily complete assignments in a timely manner. Managing the headquarters office to ensure a consistent and orderly operation of the day-to-day activities including equipment maintenance, procurement, inventory, and staffing. Providing administrative assistance to the State Fire Marshal, headquarters and regional staff. Initializing phases of the hiring process through to the final offer of employment. Posting advertisements, verifying minimum qualifications, scheduling interviews, interviewing candidates for clerical positions and recommending the appropriate applicant for the position. Overseeing the employee health benefits and retirement plans. Acting as Workday timekeeper. Serving as Leave Control Coordinator to assist supervisors in monitoring employee use of leave. Assisting in monitoring the agency’s capital inventory to maintain a tracking system of state property per DGS regulations. Approving payment of invoices for the purchase of services and supplies.
Experience: Seven years experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and three years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience and knowledge in Human Resources, specifically within the Department
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The selection for this process will involve a review of each application. Applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Maryland State Police at 410-653-8976. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Attn: Joseph Walters, Office of the State Fire Marshal, 1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208 by the closing date and time. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply. Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity, as an equal opportunity employer. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay