MSP PILOT I-A
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||1/20/2022 11:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/8/2022 1:45:00 PM|
|Salary||$76,897.00 - $103,504.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Rita Thomas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Twelve hundred (1200) helicopter flight hours as a FAA certificated pilot.
1. Applicants may be able to substitute verified portions of U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Piloting field of work for the required experience.
2. Applicants may be able to substitute verified portions of flight hours recorded via the International Civil Aviation Organization for the required experience.
3. Helicopter and fixed wing flight hours may not be combined to meet the experience requirement.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Medical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter Rating as determined by FAA regulations and as required by the MSPAC.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination, by the Maryland State Police before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.