Seasonal Hourly Shift
Park Maintenance Worker Lead
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||11/15/2022 08:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
Two (2) vacancies; Full-Time and Part-Time
LOCATION OF POSITION
6915 Stephen Decatur Hwy, Berlin, MD 21811 (Worchester County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland Park Service is currently recruiting for multiple seasonal contractual positions at Assateague State Park in Berlin, Maryland. You must indicate on the Supplemental Questionnaire the position(s) of interest in order to be considered for this recruitment.
PARK MAINTENANCE WORKER LEAD (2 vacancies): The Seasonal Park Maintenance Worker Lead position is a skilled maintenance position responsible for the maintenance of grounds, facilities and equipment in a park or recreation area. Work is performed indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions. Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as scheduled.
Duties may vary and generally include, but are not limited to:
- Clean restrooms, shelters and campsite
- Assessment, repair, and troubleshooting for electric, plumbing, water operations, HVAC, and other facility maintenance needs
- Operation of heavy equipment including backhoe, tractor, skid steer
- Operation of mower and landscaping equipment
- Repair and upkeep of vehicles, equipment, and vessels
- Use of hand tools and operation of power equipment
- Cleaning of facilities including restrooms and bathhouses
- Maintain supplies and update inventory
- Removal of litter
- Assist in training and mentoring of maintenance workers, volunteers, and youth program participants
Qualifying candidates must meet the following:
- 12 months experience operating heavy machinery (may include backhoe, skid steer, and/or payloader)
- 12 months of experience in assessment and repair of plumbing, electrical, HVAC
- 12 months of experience operating a riding lawn mower and use of landscaping tools
- Valid driver’s license
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Preferred candidate will have at least 2 seasons (12 months) experience conducting maintenance and repair work in a park setting
- Preferred candidate will have at least 2 seasons (12 months) experience using power and hand tools to include table saws, hand saws, nailer, router, and standard hand tools
- Preferred candidate will have at least 2 seasons (12 months) experience in automobile and UTV/ATV repair and maintenance
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to the essential functions of this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Emilee Knott at Emilee.Knott@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.