This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Land Acquisition and Planning. This recruitment will be used to fill current vacancies for the position and may be used to fill future vacancies in the same classification/function. Future vacancies may also be filled via other recruitments. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year.
**REPOST - Previous applicants do not need to reapply**
Unit is only seeking candidates for the Survey Administrator and GIS Technician
LOCATION OF POSITION
580 Taylor Ave, E4 Annapolis MD 21401 (Anne Arundel County)
Main Purpose of Job
Western Regional Administrator (Real Property Team):
This position is responsible for the overall administration of the Mapping and Property Research Program within the Western Region of the Public Lands, Land Acquisition and Planning Real Property Program. The position relates directly to the mission of the agency by aiding the Department in its stewardship of Maryland’s natural resources, assisting in providing an integrated and self-sustaining network of public lands and open space, and providing efficient and effective operations.
Survey Administrator and GIS Technician: This position is responsible for assisting with the collection, development and management of datasets and other property asset information associated with DNR’s enterprise geographic information system and Asset Inventory Management System (AIMS). As such, this position assists upper level GIS staff to capture, store, analyze and map historical , current, and future property acquisitions and other relevant real property information including deeds, plats, easement agreements, funding sources, trails and recreation amenities to support DNR’s mission of land stewardship and conservation. To fulfill the mission and provide better customer service to all citizens this position will also assist upper level staff by providing asset information in varied digital and print formats including but not limited to such products as Trail Guides, Trail Atlas, Recreation Atlas, Web and Mobile Applications, Web and Print Maps, digital reports and GIS web services. Such products and datasets will be made publicly available to help protect and preserve Maryland’s Natural Resources for the enjoyment of all citizens. In addition, this position will assist in providing technical assistance to DNR managers in the areas of property survey administration, property boundary recovery and maintenance, and boundary conflict resolution.
This position is responsible for the overall administration of the Mapping and Property Research Program within the Southern and Central Regions of the Public Land, Land Acquisition and Planning Real Property Unit of the Department. The position relates directly to the mission of the agency by aiding the Department in its stewardship of Maryland’s natural resources, assisting in providing an integrated and self-sustaining network of public land and open space, and providing efficient and effective operations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Experience: Three years of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Three years of experience in the use of GIS , CADD, GPS and Boundary Surveying
Three years of experience related to real property administration including two or more of the following:
- Managing land records
- Plotting and analyzing land record information (GIS or CADD)
- Conducting and managing property surveys in the field
- Mapping real property with computer based imagery and GPS
- Assisting with the recovery of boundary lines
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately.
The online application is strongly preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.