DJS COMMUNITY DETENTION OFFICER SUPERVISOR
|Department||DJS Community Operations Region 8|
|Date Opened||1/7/2022 4:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,360.00 - $78,741.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Three years of experience providing supervision and guidance to juveniles in a court ordered community or home detention program.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 credit hours in criminal justice or the social of behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants with experience supervising the performance of work of employees.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland Department of Juvenile Services’ employees.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.