|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/20/2022 1:54:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,560.00 - $56,949.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tiffany Hazel|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY.
➢ The application is part of the examination process. Your answers will determine your eligibility to participate in the next phase of the selection process.
➢ Clearly describe your qualifications in detail. Credit cannot be given for education, training, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities that you fail to indicate.
➢ Do not leave any answer spaces blank; if a question does not apply, write "N/A".
➢ Although you may attach a resume to further describe your qualification, it does not substitute for completing the application form. An incomplete application form may result in disqualification. Do NOT write "see resume" in your work history or responses to supplemental questions.
➢ Failure to comply with these instructions may result in disqualification.
➢ Read the Job Announcement carefully for specific filing instructions, supplemental questions, and final filing dates.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Golden Ring Barrack
8908 Kelso DriveEssex, MD 21221
Main Purpose of Job
- Type all administrative endorsements, confidential reports, letters, Special Orders, Directives, Form 17's and all other correspondence of Barrack Command Staff and additional barrack personnel i.e.: use of force complaints filed against MSP personnel, departmental incidents, requests to engage in secondary employment, exit interviews, etc.
- Limited signature authority for intra-Barrack memorandum and directives.
- Maintains Commander's calendar; schedules appointments and meetings.
- Answers telephones; forwards calls to appropriate personnel; and provides information to callers in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures.
- Additional administrative and secretarial duties including; opening and dissemination of mail; attending staff meetings, recording and distributing minutes; maintain administrative investigation ledger; receive, organize and verify Employee Work and Leave Reports
- Incident Reports - Separate key criminal statistic information into excel spreadsheet, forwarding the reports as required.
- Uniform Crime Reporting - Compile statistics for the Barrack, insert the numbers into the UCR report then forward the to the UCR Department.
- Maintain the ledger for property records signed out by Troopers and Task Force personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisory or Command personnel.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two years of experience providing secretarial support to an official, administrator, or an administrative staff.
2. Independently prepares correspondence and statistical reports.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.