|DGS Office of Facilities Management
|9/22/2022 1:15:00 PM
|10/6/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$37,937.00 - $59,832.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is within the Department of
General Services, Office of Facilities Management at our Glen Burnie (Anne
Arundel County) facility. However, the list created from this recruitment
may also be used to fill other vacancies, in this classification, as they
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include but are
not limited to:
- Monitor the office for all incoming calls or
visitors. Acts as an intermediary for the Regional Manager and Maintenance
Supervisor. Organize and coordinate work requests/complaints with the
Maintenance Supervisor, maintaining all requests through e-Maint work order
- Responsible for independently processing
service contracts for the facility: Prepare fund certs, type contracts from
draft, prepare documents for bid, assist in site visits. Independently prepare
documents for award and forward to appropriate offices for approval.
- Assist the Regional Manager and Maintenance
Supervisor in the administrative aspects of the office. Independently compose
various correspondence. Obtain information and independently prepare various
reports and spreadsheets such as e-Maint, overtime, inventory, incident
reports, recycling, PMO, weekly highlights, etc. Maintain the office filing
system, develop and implement office procedures.
- Process purchase orders for building
maintenance and office supplies; contacting vendors to place orders, receiving
orders assuring all paperwork is intact and contacting the fiscal services for
- Acts as a point of contact for requests,
complaints, and information to the office. Consults with agencies and the
public regarding building issues, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities
as required that enable the Department of General Services to fulfill its
mission of providing and maintaining buildings that are safe, secure and
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
- Six months of experience receiving,
entering and closing service requests in a work order system.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a customer service setting.
- Experience working with tenants of a
facility or commercial building.
- Experience preparing monthly budget reports.
- Ability to work independently and
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written
communication skills, with experience interacting and communicating with
executives and senior management.
It is important that you provide complete and
accurate information on your application. Please include all experience
and education that is related to this position. All information
concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing
date; information submitted after the closing date will not be
considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or
volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you
must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
The examination for this position will consist
of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements
of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the
employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or
QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be
extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select
employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future
vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications
before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed
upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing
requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may
participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also
complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of
being placed on an eligibility list.
You must be legally authorized under the
United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position
for which you apply.
Contact or call 410-767-4986 with questions
about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY
preferred. Apply online at - click on Employment on the left side
of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online,
please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General
Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the
closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is
committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective
of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are
encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.