|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||10/3/2022 09:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,937.00 - $48,750 with growth to $59,832.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
We'll be hosting our own job fair on 10/5/22 from 10:00 am - 2:00pm at 605 S. Chapel Gate Lane, Baltimore, MD 21229. Onsite application submission as well as onsite interviews will be available.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
In order for RICA-Baltimore to maintain a family-driven, youth guided program this position provides administrative support to Management, Maintenance Supervisor, and subordinates. The incumbent assumes all responsibility for the smooth and efficient operation of administrative processes within the Department.
- Work closely with Maintenance supervisor to ensure that the facility structure, systems and grounds are maintained.
- Prioritize work orders and requests as well as emergency maintenance situations and direct the maintenance crew via 2-way radio.
- Assign work orders and emergency work to the appropriate maintenance staff.
- Greet visitors and vendors through the receiving (loading dock) area.
- Schedule meetings with vendors and contractors for the Chief Operating Officer and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Order and pay for all supplies for maintenance and housekeeping
- Consolidate monthly bills and purchases paid for by state credit cards (procurement and fiscal department).
- Maintain maintenance budget. (Record and file all purchases, credit card statements, receiving reports, etc.).
- Compose correspondence with vendors, contractors and delivery companies.
- Oversee all shipping and receiving signature and documents.
- Prepares and maintains statistical and numerical reports and records.
- Use database, spreadsheet or desktop publishing computer software applications in order to prepare reports, charts, graphs, or other reports.
- Schedules meetings, takes minutes and complies data for the Chief Operating Officer and the Fire and Safety Committee.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following experience is desired but not required for the position:
- One year experience using Excel
- One year experience paying department bills
- One year experience maintaining a departments budget including reconciling credit card statements
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.