ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE - CLERK'S OFFICE
|Department||Office of Administrative Hearings|
|Date Opened||9/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,937.00 - $59,832.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kelly Valentine|
The Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) in Hunt Valley, MD is seeking applicants for an Administrative Aide position within our Clerk’s Office. The Clerk’s Office processes and schedules hearings for over 500 different case types for over 50 Administrative Law Judges (ALJ)s. This is a full-time position with full State benefits. The starting annual salary is $44,520. (State salary guidelines do apply for current state employees.) We encourage all interested parties to apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Administrative Aide performs a variety of administrative duties unique to the Clerk's Office of the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH). This position assists with case management and hearing scheduling associated with the over 500 case types. This position supervises all aspects of the receptionist area including personnel, scheduling, as well as duties and responsibilities associated with the reception area. This position also provides administrative support to the Chief Clerk and office management support to the entire Clerk’s Office.
Duties may include:
- Processing, researching, and/or certifying various case types and records. This includes scheduling of cases, sending out notices, responding to related inquiries, etc.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Chief Clerk.
- Assists Deputy Clerk with the preparation of the monthly ALJ schedule and independently assigns hearing rooms for in-person hearings daily.
- Provides office management support to entire Clerk’s Office to ensure staff has appropriate forms, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Responsible for direct supervision of Receptionist and associated area.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification below to be considered: Please include clear and specific information on your application regarding this qualification.
One year experience performing higher level secretarial work in a legal or court case management setting.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications: Please include clear and specific information on your application regarding this qualification.
Some higher education or training in the legal, paralegal or related field.