ADMINISTRATOR I- Contractual
Learning Project Coordinator
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Budget Finance & Personnel|
|Date Opened||6/7/2022 1:09:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23.19 - $30.02/hour|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
Telework options may be available for this position.
This is a full-time contractual position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Manages multiple projects ensuring adherence to process, monitor progress, and direct implementation to successful conclusion.
- Assists the CLO and other learning officers department wide with the coordination and monitoring of learning related contract activities.
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs), analyze feedback from learners, and provide recommendations to constantly iterate on various department programs. This will ensure effective quality assurance on the overall integrity of multiple programs, focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on it coherence with other offerings.
- Develop surveys and coordinate interviews/focus groups to determine training effectiveness and efficacy.
- Provides consultations to others in the areas of needs assessment, design, delivery, and evaluation of training programs to ensure the provision of high quality training programs within the department. Conducts needs assessments and recommends solutions to managers requesting organizational development services to assist in implementing effective change strategies.
- Maintains virtual training hosting schedule consistent with DHS's strategic training goals, and reports identified course attendance data after delivery of training. At all times, the incumbent will provide customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceeds the standards set by the department.
- Assist with the design and implementation of classroom based and online courses and modules to support the departmental training plan and other departmental initiatives consistent with strategic training goals.
- Assist in the delivery of New Employee Orientation and related mandatory training programs. These programs include but are not limited to GOLD Standard Service and Sexual Harassment Prevention.
- Assists the DLO with the scheduling of learning activities to include facilitation personnel and platform venue assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Human Services, Employment Services Unit at email@example.com.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: K. Young, Department of Human Services, Employment Service Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 146, Baltimore MD 21201-3500.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.