**RE-POST** ADMINISTRATOR I
|Department||COMM - Div of Tourism Film & Arts - Tourism Dev|
|Date Opened||8/1/2022 11:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,649.00 - $82,727.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Writer/Content Developer within the Division of Marketing, Tourism, & The Arts- Office of Tourism & Film.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
Writing samples must be included as part of the application process to be considered for this position. Preferably the sample would be of a media release, blog post, or feature story.
***RECRUITMENT REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY***
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Other position duties include: managing the research, editing, proofreading and fact-checking required for the production of printed and electronic information and assets that promote Maryland as a destination, and tourism as a generator of economic activity. Incumbent will enhance, edit, and help facilitate other Division communications projects to include but not limited to Chesapeake Bay Storytellers and Network to Freedom Guides; work with other Maryland State agencies, agency’s staff, vendors, local, national and international third-party providers of editorial content.
The selected employee must possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to work with high level public and private sector officials; able to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and constituents; ability to effectively present information and to manage and effectively complete multiple concurrent and high priority tasks while meeting tight deadlines; possess highly technical editing skills; project management skills and an ability to work independently.Some statewide travel is required.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Journalism, Communications, English, or related field and four years of professional editing and writing experience.
2) Proficiency in researching, writing and editing content for web, communications, and publications ensuring consistent messaging and branding.
3) Proficiency in drafting talking points/speeches and or writing scripts for various communications and marketing pieces.
4) Two years of the required experience in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or related field.
5) Proficiency with Google Platform, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and PowerPoint or comparable software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach to your online application the following: a resume, supplemental questionnaire, and writing samples preferably a media release, blog post, or feature story.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, supplemental questionnaire, and writing samples (by closing date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: WRITER/CONTENT DEVELOPER
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.