Special Projects Manager
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||8/8/2022 12:08:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/22/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Participates in monthly workgroups to identify challenges that impact Latino health and make health policy recommendations to improve health equity for Latinos at the local, state, and national level. Meets with senior leadership from JHU, CASA de Maryland, and various Healthcare Organizations, including members of State Legislature/Delegates. Review documents and translate Spanish into English. Handle complex cases and interprets healthcare policy for Spanish Speaking Consumers. Draft agency documents in Spanish and English.
- Prepare written reports analyzing alternatives and consequences, specifying findings and recommendations for management action, strategy, policy determinations and process changes. Provide extensive interpretation of state and federal eligibility statutes, regulations, policies and guidelines to the administrative vendor, enrolled subscribers and the general public. Takes corrective action to resolve compliance and privacy issues affecting consumers eligibility for health care coverage.
- Act as a point of contact for leadership and the consumer assistance teams to identify needed or desired system modifications, contributes to prioritization decisions at Work Management meetings, writes up JIRA tickets to describe issues, works closely with requirements team and attends requirement and design sessions to provide input into the requirements and design process, acts as a resource to the IT team to resolve policy and/or system-policy interaction issues, works closely with MDH to facilitate solutions while tempering impact to QHP consumers and ITOPs, works with marketing team on text changes and WordPress edits, if needed, works with compliance and privacy team, as appropriate, to ensure suggested changes are not inconsistent with privacy requirements, coordinates stakeholder testing, attends go/no go meetings to note defects and work-arounds to share with consumer assistance teams, and reviews Release Notes for accuracy and completeness. This position may also act as a resource to the training team.
- Investigate large employer federal appeals for Health Human Services, Gather data and submit case investigation findings. Handle following report for Consumer Assistance Director; IRS Tax Exemptions Report, Primary Decedent Member (PDM) Report, Exemption Certificates Numbers and Employer Sponsor Insurance.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient working knowledge of HBX configurations
- Proficient in HBX, MMIS, CARES, E&E, Beacon and Salesforce
- Ability to read and write documents Spanish.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.