|Department||LABOR - Office of General Services|
|Date Opened||1/21/2022 12:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $66,817.00 with potential growth up to $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Direct, manage, oversee and monitor all departmental leases for field office space, including working with the Department of General Services Real Estate Division, landlord and filed staff to ensure the acquisition of new or renewal leases, as appropriate, at most cost-effective rate. Prepare necessary documents for new space and lease renewals, and updates of leased property rental rates. Direct, manage, oversee all field office repairs to ensure the minimum disruption to operations and staff, to ensure that such repairs are made in a timely manner and to ensure that cost are properly allocated between the landlord and the department. Assign and supervise daily work processes of one employee who take their direction from this position.
- Serves with the Director of General Services and represents DOL as a member of the state MEMA organization. DOL is part of the Emergency Support Function Leadership Group (ESFLG) within MEMA and is the primary agency for Emergency Support Function #3-Public Works and Engineering. This position is considered essential personnel and must be available for MEMA activities and weather-related emergencies.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience monitoring contractor invoices and payments by multi-facility procurements.
Property management and facility oversight.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor/Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 22-002587-0061
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.