|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||3/28/2022 07:41:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of Research and Evaluation
Main Purpose of Job
- Participates in planning, design, and conduct of departmental research and program evaluation projects focusing on key DJS programs and initiatives in collaboration with the Office of Research and Evaluation staff and other DJS staff and external collaborators, and interprets the results of the studies.
- Participates in the development of protocols for and implementation of data analyses and written documentation of projects, including narrative text, tables, and spreadsheets which address specific research and evaluation questions defined by the Department in conjunction with other Office of Research and Evaluation staff and Department staff.
- Participates in intra-office, intra-departmental, and inter-agency teams and committees to assess data needs for the DJS, and participate in planning coordinated programs for data collection and analysis, and produces weekly, daily, and annual reports.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in program evaluation or policy research, especially in a juvenile justice or human services setting;
- Experience designing and implementing research studies, including identifying, gathering, and analyzing data using statistical software appropriate to the topic being studied;
- Experience developing logic models or evaluation plans;
- Experience working in Excel, including pivot tables and charts;
- Experience developing PowerPoint presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last four digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.