|COMM - Policy and Governmental Affairs
|4/22/2022 11:10:00 AM
|5/31/2022 4:00:00 PM
|$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Research Analyst within its Office of Policy, Research, & Government Affairs - Research Unit.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position conducts research that effectively communicates Maryland's competitive business advantages, assets, and outstanding quality of life. Incumbent assists in the creation of industry research studies, conducts business/economic research and prepares reports, publications, and interactive marketing resources; and graphic illustrations detailing research results. Performs jobs analysis and provide rapid responses to economic and business retention issues that impact the Department and the business community supporting business attraction, expansion, and the retention efforts of agency and provide objective, timely and market-driven analyses of Maryland’s economy. Individual will work with internal and external clients in both the public and private sectors synthesizing information from disparate sources and conduct technical business research.
The selected candidate will possess strong research skills and be able to develop geographic, industry and company specific business reports; the ability to work with and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients in both the public and private sectors; possess outstanding written, oral communication, and analytical skills/ Must have a working knowledge of government and non-government information resources; the ability to work independently; handle multiple, concurrent, and high priority tasks. Possess proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet or other Windows, economic modeling, and other relevant statistical software.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business or economic research, economic development, statistics, public policy analysis, demography, marketing or related field and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications and describe in detail all job duties relating to the qualifications.
1) Knowledge of economic development research tools including sources of socio-economic data, statistics, and survey analysis.
2) 3 years’ experience as a researcher in collecting, describing, and analyzing data, especially involving business or economic research
3) Advanced Degree
4) Proficiency in Google Suite Microsoft applications including with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet or other Windows, economic modeling, and relevant statistical software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Some statewide travel is required.
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: email@example.com
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: RESEARCH ANALYST
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258