Green Purchasing Data Coordinator
|Department||DGS - Design, Construction, and Energy|
|Date Opened||5/5/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.68 - $32.04/hour|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide support for the advancement of the State of Maryland’s Green Purchasing Program. This program is tasked with reducing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of State of Maryland procurements, while promoting public health and local economic growth. The program ensures that State government purchasing practices are environmentally and socially sustainable, and includes aspects of manufacture and delivery such as raw materials, packaging and distribution; operation and maintenance; and product end of life.This position will be tasked with: conducting research and technical analysis; collecting data, analyzing data, and creating data visuals; identifying green/sustainable purchasing practices; creating web-based content and educational materials; and organizing training seminars and events. The position will promote environmental stewardship and social responsibility initiatives by engaging State agencies, suppliers/vendors, and other local governments.
The duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage green purchasing data and support the development of the Green Purchasing Annual Report.
- Support the development of newsletter and website content, training and educational materials, social media posts, etc.
- Assist with the research and development of environmentally preferable commodity and service specifications.
- Assist with identifying contracts subject to specification guidelines of the MD Green Purchasing Committee.
- Assist with the development and integration of environmentally preferable contract language.
- Engage State agencies, suppliers/ vendors, and local governments in green purchasing initiatives.
- Assist the Sustainability Officer with pilot projects, initiatives, programs, and policies that support environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
- Perform sustainability-related tasks and administrative tasks as needs arise, such as data entry, drafting and distributing meeting minutes, and proofreading materials.
Experience: Nine (9) years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One (1) year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures. See education substitution below.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, public policy, communications, business, or other relevant field.
- One year experience analyzing data using Microsoft Excel.
- One-year experience supporting sustainability initiatives.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact (email@example.com) or call 410-767-4410 with questions about this recruitment.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.