REGIONAL MANAGER, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||6/24/2022 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
** This recruitment is limited to current employees of the Department of General Services, Office of Facilities Management only. **
LOCATION OF POSITION
A position is available within the Office of Facilities Management for the Department of General Services located in Baltimore, Maryland. However, the list created from this recruitment may also be used to fill other vacancies, in this classification, as they arise.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Allocates workload and directly supervises three building managers, one for each building in the regional portfolio. Oversees employees as well as performing human resource and administrative duties. Interviews and hires prospective employees; prepares performance appraisals.
- Manages and monitors operations for three separate State Office buildings, as well as maintenance and system operations of the facilities. Plans, and oversees routine and preventive maintenance, major repairs, alterations and improvements. Ensures compliance with health and safety policies. Monitors expenses and regional operating budget for maintenance.
- Resolves tenant issues related to building systems, maintenance requests, timing and coordination of work. Responsible for the utilization of the CMMS system in all regional buildings.
- Prepares specifications for the bidding and awarding of maintenance and building service contracts; evaluates the contractor’s performance and ensures that all of the funds which are expended are the most cost effective.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Experience performing duties related to commercial building operations and property management.
- Experience implementing, analyzing and preparing an annual budget.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
.You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.