Senior Research Analyst (Part-Time)
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||1/11/2022 3:54:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plans, designs, conducts, and documents research and evaluation projects and reports focusing on key DJS programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Collaborates with other DJS research and management staff and external research collaborators, and interprets and documents the results of the studies.
- Consults with program administrators with respect to identifying data needed for program planning and evaluation.
- Understands key data sources for research and evaluation in the various DJS management information systems, including METS, ASSIST, and CJAMS, and how they relate.
- Conducts data extraction, merges, and analyses for routine and ad hoc analyses and studies, and for the design of management reports.
- Initiates studies of the validity and reliability of data collected and develops procedures aimed at improving the quality of such data.
- Interprets the results of statistical studies to program heads and senior administrators; formally and informally presents findings, results, and recommendations from research studies and program evaluations to appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A master's degree in social science such as sociology, criminology, psychology, public policy and administration, public health or related discipline
- Experience in program or policy evaluation
- Experience designing and implementing studies, including identifying, gathering, and analyzing data using statistical software appropriate to the topic being studied
- Experience working in Excel, including pivot tables and charts
- Experience developing PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking skills
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This list will be used by DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm; close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.