|Department||DJS Community Operations Administration/Support|
|Date Opened||7/29/2022 3:41:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,588.00 - $94,280.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Resource Office, Placement Unit
Main Purpose of Job
Management and Operational Oversight
- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of Program Specialists assigned to the Placement Unit.
- Develops and implements rules, standards, and controls for carrying out DJS placement process for performance by the statewide Resource. Offices that are responsible for making placement referrals.
- Oversees community-based vendor contracts and services.
- Attends meetings with providers; reviews and ensures contract deliverables are met within prescribed timeframes and within budgeted amounts.
- Represents the Department in inter-agency meetings.
- Works with the Resource Director and local regional resource coordinators and case management staff concerning placement of children out-of-state and identifying gaps in services.
- Represents the Department in meetings of the Inter-agency Rate Committee (IRC).
- Supports Resource Office staff with technical support as needed.
- Ensures that routine and special assignments are completed.
- In the absence of the Resource Office Director, approves and signs timesheets and leave requests.
- In absence of the Resource Office Director, gives direction to professional staff of the other units within the Resource Office in addition to the Placement Unit and support staff.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience directly supervising employees
- Experience matching youth to resources including participating in treatment planning meetings and/or resource staff meetings
- Experience with the youth placement process
- Experience with the Title IV B process
- Experience serving on interagency committees
- Procurement experience that includes participating in the development of procurement specifications
- Experience reviewing and tracking budgets
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Department of Juvenile employees only.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Qualified, Better Qualified or Best Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year.
This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.