Adult Services CJAMS Coordinator
|Department||DHS - Social Services Administration|
|Date Opened||12/12/2022 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
The Maryland Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state’s primary social service provider, serving over one million Marylanders annually. The Department, through its 24 local departments of social services, aggressively pursues opportunities to assist people in economic need, provide preventive services, and protect vulnerable children and adults in each of Maryland’s 23 counties and Baltimore City. DHS works in every community in Maryland to positively impact the lives of Marylanders.
This is a PART TIME contractual position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year experience working in Adult Services programs
- One year of experience managing the administrative functions in a human service program, with demonstrated proficiency in business software applications such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- One year of experience facilitating meetings and presenting to management teams.
- One year experience using Maryland's Child, Juvenile, and Adult Management System (CJAMS).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. If selected for an interview, you will be required to provide an official transcript. For all foreign education obtained outside the U. S. you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service if selected for an interview.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to: Department of Human Services/HRDT, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Attn: K. Young, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Information received after the closing date will not be considered. Application inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity