Behavioral Health Supervisor (Repost)
|Department||DJS Alfred Noyes Youth Center|
|Date Opened||1/19/2022 3:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Alfred D Noyes Children's Center
9925 Blackwell Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Main Purpose of Job
Provide supervision of multidisciplinary behavioral health team and provide leadership and consultation to facility and region.
- Assign, review and oversee behavioral health services completed by assigned supervised and mentored employees ensuring that they meet DJS and professional standards;
- Follow DJS procedures and complete relevant forms when addressing personnel matters including disciplinary procedures, performance evaluations (PEPs) and On the Job Training (OJT) of assigned staff.
Complete comprehensive psychosocial and other Behavioral Health (BH) evaluations and clinical services for the most clinically demanding of youth and document per professional and agency standards.
- Complete evaluations in compliance with the DJS standards, within specified time frames following the relevant templates and provide clinical recommendations;
- Provide counseling and clinical services to youth in facilities or community as referred, which may include Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Maintain professional license and certifications, mentor lower level counselors and staff and meet professional & ethical responsibilities.
- Complete agency sponsored and outside training as required by professional board, maintain MPCTC certification, and meet professional development needs and those identified by supervisor or agency;
- Attend, participate in, provide scheduled peer consultation, group conferences and/or professional development activities, document attendance, and meet professional and ethical responsibilities.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Candidates appointed to this position must possess a Mental Health (i.e., Counseling, Psychology and Social Work) license from the State of Maryland.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three (3) years of experience assessing and/or providing therapy to population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance use disorders in the Juvenile Justice system OR to a general adolescent population with mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Three (3) years of experience supervising licensed Behavioral Health Professionals.
- Board approval as a clinical supervisor (if applicable to profession).
- One (1) year of experience supervising behavioral health professionals.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at . Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.