Outreach Program Manager
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 1:42:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,493.00 - $100,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Attend conferences, forums and networking events to generate leads, create new statewide partnerships with organizations and agencies and target individuals to educate and encourage enrollment.
- Identify and develop sponsorship opportunities and events, set up and table events to promote Maryland Health Connection.
- Create and present PowerPoints and deliver speaking engagements virtually and in person to promote opportunities for consumers to obtain coverage.
- Make presentations to employees of industries that may be eligible for coverage through Maryland Health Connection.
- Determine what type of communications are needed to promote the individual health insurance marketplace, in coordination with the marketing and consumer assistance teams and marketing/outreach agency. Create and maintain a list of partners to receive marketing materials, coordinate development, printing and distribution.
- Write email communications to partners and individuals to build awareness and promote benefits of coverage through Maryland Health Connection.
- Cultivate success stories of individuals on the marketplace who are willing to participate in marketing/media efforts.
- Coordinate speakers bureau and internal communications for leadership/staff participating in events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders for regular, direct communication to integrate messaging of Maryland Health Connection into partner marketing and outreach channels.
- Meet regularly with partner organizations and state agencies to create open lines of communication and gather feedback on effectiveness of tactics.
- Monitor and report on the success of strategies.
- Work with the marketing team and other departments to develop initiatives to support the outreach program.
- Learn the benefits and goals of the individual marketplace and be able to articulate and promote to organizations and associations.
- In consultation with the marketing director, develop an outreach program to build awareness and increase enrollment in Maryland Health Connection.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders of organizations, agencies and associations to coordinate efforts to reach existing and new consumers.
- Evaluate and use data to develop outreach strategies and efforts to maximize the use of Maryland Health Connection as the place of choice for health insurance.
- Participate and present in meetings with the marketing team, consumer assistance organizations and outreach partners to provide insight into outreach strategies.
Experience: Nine years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience creating/supporting partnerships with community & corporate organizations
- Experience creating/supporting partnerships with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Health Care/Insurance/ACA experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date)
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension
- 401(k) – State employees can contribute to a supplemental Retirement Plan