PSC COMMON CARRIER INSPECTOR II
|PSC Common Carrier Investigations
|11/29/2022 11:59:00 PM
|12/13/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$35,710.00 - $56,174.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
The person selected for this position, will travel from their home to various locations throughout the State with the occasional trips to the office in Baltimore City for meetings and to receive assignments.
William Donald Schaeffer Tower 6 St. Paul Street Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
- Perform driver/vehicle safety inspections on for-hire passenger carrying vehicles and records.
- Prepare written and/or electronic reports.
- Testify at Commission hearings or in a court of law regarding safety inspection decisions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in the repair and maintenance of gasoline or diesel-powered motor vehicles or in the inspection of such vehicles for the purpose of ensuring their safe operating condition.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience as described above on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Diesel Mechanic classifications or Vehicle System/Tank Maintainer or Fire Control/Tank Vehicle Repairs or Vehicle/Vehicle Equipment Maintenance specialty codes in the vehicle mechanics field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201, Recruitment #22-002641-0002. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.