|Department||DJS Community Operations Region 5|
|Date Opened||12/1/2022 4:58:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,804.00 - $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County
Main Purpose of Job
- Overseeing organization and distribution of information to all Annapolis and Glen Burnie managers and CMS to include typing and distributing Leadership Meeting Minutes, LMB Meeting Minutes, and Unit Meeting Minutes, and maintaining case files for CMS. Compiles and summarizes the formation included in Watch Center Notification Tracking Reports, Victim Awareness Program Reports, Vendor Capacity Reports, Weekly Detention Reports, Termination Reports, Fleet Management Reports, and AIM Incentive & Event requests for case management specialists.
- Supervise three Office Secretaries and two Administrative Aides. Assign/direct daily tasks and duties; conduct training and determine which trainings are necessary; approve timesheets approve leave requests; impose memorandums of counseling and recommend disciplinary action. Meet with staff, prepare PEPs aligned with employee’s MS22, and evaluate employee’s performance.
- Provide telephone coverage and respond to constituent’s requests and inquiries about Annapolis and Glen Burnie operations for the Regional Director, Program Manager Supervisor, Program Specialist, and Assistant Regional Director. Function as liaison between the DJS Anne Arundel County Regional Offices and other State agencies and units to provide information to constituents in accordance with the rules, regulations, operations, and procedures governed by the Department. Support by contacting outside agencies on behalf of the County Supervisor, CMSS, and CMS to follow up on cases and the status of actions.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel (tracking), Publisher, PowerPoint, Access Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Prezi Presentation).
- At least one year of experience using the State's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) and working with a budget and/or procurement
- At least two years of experience working for a senior-level administrator or executive.
- At least one year of experience developing, editing, and facilitating technical writing and style standards for documentation
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork.
- Flexibility in a busy environment.
- Strong time management, priority setting, and problem-solving skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer. Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.