ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I *REPOST*
|Department||COMP Compliance Division|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
***REPOST - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY***
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is responsible for assisting the manager and assistant manager of the Unclaimed Property Unit of the Compliance Division in their administration of the Maryland Uniform Disposition of Abandoned Property Act. This position supervises the Unclaimed Property section's eBay team and ensures that all items are inventoried and sold in a timely fashion.
This position reviews all field work of third party audits, monitors contacts and assures that all provisions of the contract are being carried out.
This position coordinates outreach at fairs throughout the state, including scheduling staffing for each fair to ensure adequate coverage.
PLEASE NOTE: Employees are encouraged not to schedule leave during annual advertising event in the spring and during outreach at Maryland State fair.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle.
- Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.