COORDINATOR SPECIAL PROGRAMS HEALTH SERVICES II, Health Services
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||11/29/2022 10:08:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,804.00 - $57,741.00, with potential growth to $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work, psychology, education, counseling or a related field.
Experience: Two years of professional experience in health services, one year must have been in the Health Services option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health or human service field for one year of the required general experience.
2. Experience in the Health Services option must be as follows: professional clinical or administrative work in health or medical services in areas other than Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities or Addictions.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in another field plus one additional year of professional experience in health services for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administration classifications or Civil Affairs Specialist specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with providing HIV/STI counseling, education and/or testing
- Experience with conducting health outreach events
- Experience coordinating and presenting educational workshops related to submit matter (i.e. HIV/STI/PrEP or other health related topics)
- Valid driver’s license and able to drive a vehicle
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for outreach events
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.