Emergency Preparedness Program Director **REPOST**
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR II, HEALTH SERVICES
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||3/9/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $74,705.00/year (with potential growth to $92,290.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
- All-Hazards Emergency Preparedness Planning;
- Medical Countermeasure Preparation and Response;
- Cities Readiness Initiative (CRI);
- Strategic National Stockpile (SNS);
- Maryland Responds/Howard County Medical Reserve Corp. (MRC);
- HCHD staff training for preparedness and response readiness;
- National Response Framework: Incident Command Structure, Risk Communication, Continuity of Operations (COOP), Sheltering, Medical Triage, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Point of Dispensing (POD)
- Exercises include, but are not limited to, HCHD annual flu clinics; IMT exercises, or SNS drills, County OEM exercises with Health (CCF-8); State Health (SSF-8) or Federal Health (ESF-8) exercises involving HCHD;
- Establishes process for adequate coverage at the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Health Desk;
- Oversees 24/7 public health availability, to include but not limited to after-hours nursing coverage and Environmental Health staff coverage;
- Collaborates with HCHD leadership to maintain assignment of ICS positions and readiness of HCHD Incident Management Team;
- Provides oversight for Howard County Medical Reserve Corp program;
- With the Howard County Office of Emergency Management (OEM), such as the Emergency Management Operations Group (EMOG),
- With MDH, such as the Integrated Medical and Public Health Forum (IMPHF), Public Health Emergency Planners (PHEPs), Region III Health and Medical Coalition, Region III Planning committee,
- With local preparedness partners, such as the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), Community Emergency Response Network (CERN);
- Provides recommendations to the Bureau Director or Deputy, Director of Nursing, Deputy Health Officer, and Health Officer related to EP as needed
- Coordinates with the HCHD Surveillance and Response team and/or HCPSS liaison in the monitoring of ESSENCE and implementation of necessary response
- Participates in budget review, modification, and submission with bureau leadership, HCHD Fiscal and MDH
- Maintains program equipment and supply inventory with HCHD Central Services
- Participates in after hours on-call for the Health Department.
- Participates in professional development and training opportunities.
- Accepts responsibilities for special projects assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work, psychology, education, counseling, or a related field.
Experience: Six years professional experience in health services, three years must have been in Health Services professional clinical or administrative services in areas other than Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities or Addictions and three years must have been at the managerial or supervisory level.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or a Doctorate degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university for up to two years of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in another field plus an additional year of professional experience in health services for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administration classifications or Health Services Administration specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Emergency Management (principals, practices, and procedures) including mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery
- Direct experience in emergency operations planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities for an agency/organization
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience with Budget Management
- Experience and familiarity with OneDrive, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and WebEx
- Experience and knowledge using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Skill in analyzing, compiling, and assessing data, e.g., budgets, goals and objectives, grants & contracts, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.