Procurement Officer Trainee
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Budget Finance & Personnel|
|Date Opened||1/7/2022 2:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,717.00 - $ 55,067/year with potential growth to $69,134.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Human Services
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Six months experience with PUBLIC Procurement.
2. Six months experience utilizing a computerized financial management system.
3. Six months experience with the State of Maryland's Financial Management Information System (FMIS), program services offered and or provided by Department of Human Services.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This position is limited to applicants currently employed with the Department of Human Services Central/Headquarters.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification must obtain possess a certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.