Procurement Officer Trainee
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,717.00 - $69,134.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jada Newman|
If you are looking for an exciting career with great benefits, pension, generous leave, competitive salary, and the opportunity for advancement and professional growth, apply to join the DPSCS team today!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Research and develop contract specifications including performance and acceptance standards, minimum qualifications of bidders, and payment terms for procurement of services and commodities.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
1. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification must obtain possess a certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.