Procurement Officer I
|Department||MDH Med Care Prgms - Ofc Systems Ops Pharmacy|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,360.00 - $78,741.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Working with Advanced Purchasing and Inventory System (ADPICS) and Financial Management Information System (FMIS);
- Assessing management or administration needs and determining best (efficient and/or effective) procurement method; making recommendations to management if multiple options exist identifying pros and cons;
- Determining timelines schedule/time frame for procurement projects based upon various steps of the procurement process to ensure implementation and/or delivery of services, products, systems, etc. by desired deadline;
- Determining if procurements are in compliance with the Department of General Services (DGS) and OPASS regulations, policies, guidelines, etc.; making recommendations to management and contract monitors of possible consequential actions to take for noncompliance or non-fulfillment of contractual obligations;
- Organizing and prioritizing workload by determining which items must be given the highest attention and the impact of not meeting deadlines, etc;
- Determining methods of best tracking procurement initiatives.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.