Procurement Officer I
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||12/5/2022 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,974.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Laurita Lesperance|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions and an additional four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
1. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
• Proven knowledge of the procurement process to include soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws.
• Strong organizational, administrative, management skills in the procurement operations of a State organization.
• Knowledge of COMAR Title 21 and other Maryland State procurement laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of FMIS/ADPICS.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Laurita Lesperance
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.