Procurement Officer II
|LABOR - Office of Administration
|12/20/2022 12:40:00 PM
|1/3/2023 5:00:00 PM
|$61,225.00 - $79,734.00 with potential growth up to $98,523.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Ensure strict compliance with the Annotated Code of Maryland-State Finance and Procurement Article, COMAR Title 21, BPW Advisories, and LABOR procedure guidelines for Agency Procurement Specialists and all LABOR Programs. Includes providing direction as necessary.
- Reviews contractual agreements and contract modifications to ensure completeness and compliance with procurement regulations before obtaining final approval for departmental programs and contractor.
- Ensure appropriate signatures are obtained for contract documents by contractor, LABOR Agency Head or designee and the Assistant Attorney General.
Procurement Officer II- Option 1
Experience: Seven years of experience, three years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions and an additional four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
Procurement Officer II- Option 2 (Department of General Services)
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions and an additional four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
1. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates for Option 1 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions for the required experience.
3. Candidates for Option 2 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year for five years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience soliciting bids
Experience reviewing and approving proofs and/or samples received from companies
Experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
Experience writing specifications to procure products
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required
documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and
received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online,
or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may
submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name,
identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any
documentation to ensure timely processing.
application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date
for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms
will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed
Department of Labor
Office of Administration
1100 N. Eutaw
Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information,
please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State
Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.