Procurement Officer III
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||1/11/2022 10:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,343/yr - $81,242/yr with potential up to $102,097.00/yr|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervise Agency Procurement Specialist II.
- Plan, organize, implement, administer and supervise the interpretation and application of agency policies, directives and procedures pertaining to Procurement that are designed to accomplish the mission of the agency.
- Track and manage the procurement process according to the MHBE’s procurement policies and procedures and ensuring that all MHBE’s procurement policies and procedures comport with Title 12, Subtitle 4 of the State Finance and Procurement Article and Title 14, Subtitle 3 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
- Develop Request For Proposals (RFP) in conjunction with Executive Director, Directors and Managers.
- Initiate executed contracts in ADPICs.
- Serve as the designated procurement officer for all MHBE procurements.
- Coordinate and administer pre-bid conferences, orals and debriefings.
- Post RFPs to bid boards (eMaryland Marketplace) and website in order to generate desired responses.
- Provide strategic direction and planning on the offices’ objective to maximize the results of Exchange contracts.
- Coordinate all bid protests and appeals according to the MBHE procurement policy and procedure.
- Manage and coordinate responses in conjunction with Attorney General to Maryland Public Information Act (PIA) requests.
- Recommend Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) goals for RFPs as appropriate.
- Prepare quarterly and an annual reports of all MHBE procurement activities.
- Track and manage all contracts utilizing MHBE document management software.
- Coordinate and administer MHBE training related to contract management and procurement policies and processes.
- Develop and maintain internal MHBE procurement manual of standard operating procedures and a vendor resource manual.
- Develop and maintain in conjunction with Attorney General contract templates and procurement correspondence.
- Advise all pertinent personnel of contract policy, management and procurement matters.
- Make recommendations to Director of Budget & Finance and the Executive Director on MHBE contracting policies, standards and procedures.
- Prepare and assist with any special project or assignments.
- Provide information regarding procurement activities as stipulated in the terms and conditions of MHBE grants and to CMS as appropriate.
- Present Procurements and related procurement issues to the Board of Trustees, as needed in the monthly Board meeting.
- Assist Compliance, Legal, and Finance Senior Management to provide responses to Audit findings regarding Procurement.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and F
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|