Procurement Officer III
|Department||Governor's Ofc of Crime Prev, Youth & Victim Serv|
|Date Opened||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,671.00 - $107,264.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cindy Mann|
The Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services is local governments’ one-stop shop for resources to improve public safety in Maryland.
We provide access to federal and state grant funds and we can provide assistance to your town, city, county, agency as it attempts to maneuver through the red tape to tap these resources.
We work with you to plan your project, coordinate stakeholders, develop accountability measures and get results from your investments and efforts.
We connect you to the best practices in national and state programming and innovations.
At the Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services, your success is our success!
LOCATION OF POSITION
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates for Option 1 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for six years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Our Preferred Candidate Will Have the Following:
Working experience with the State of MD Procurement laws, regulations, and policies.
Working experience with the EMaryland Market Advantage System (eMMA)
Experience creating procurement policies & procedures and training upper-level management on all procurement protocols.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.