JOB SERVICE SPECIALIST III
Workforce Development Specialist
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 09:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,039.00 -$47,610.00 with potential growth to $58,359.00 /year|
|HR Analyst||Linnea Maker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Workforce Development Specialist duties include, but are not limited to, facilitating POAC workshops by:
• Planning and delivering job search workshops and preparing and organizing materials with that will be presented on a regular basis to POAC customers
• Counseling customers on their job acquisition campaigns and critiquing resumes
• Documenting results or workshops using the automated data system.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in the field of workforce development involving conducting interviews with persons seeking employment and providing assistance to employers needing qualified personnel to fill vacancies.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in workforce development taking job orders from employers, conducting job-ready interviews, registering job applicants, verifying job referrals, conducting vocational placements, performing unemployment adjudications, or appraising job applicants for employability on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute active duty military recruiting experience or career counseling experience on a year-by-year basis for the required education or experience.