JOB SERVICE SPECIALIST III
Reemployment Opportunity Workshop Facilitator
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||1/13/2022 2:11:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Linnea Maker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Reemployment Opportunity Workshop duties include, but are not limited to, facilitating Early Intervention Workshop by:
• Planning job search workshops of not less than six hours duration and preparing and organizing materials with that will be presented on a regular basis to profiled Unemployment Insurance claimants and other qualified job seekers;
• Conducting job search workshops to improve attendees' job search techniques and enhance their employability
• Downloading attendance roster and/or rescheduling customers for future classes based on responses from workshop attendance letters;
• Documenting results or workshops using the automated data system.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in the field of workforce development involving conducting interviews with persons seeking employment and providing assistance to employers needing qualified personnel to fill vacancies.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in workforce development taking job orders from employers, conducting job-ready interviews, registering job applicants, verifying job referrals, conducting vocational placements, performing unemployment adjudications, or appraising job applicants for employability on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute active duty military recruiting experience or career counseling experience on a year-by-year basis for the required education or experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Demonstrate the ability to speak, read and write Spanish fluently.
Knowledge and/or experience of Workforce Development Programs
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online application process is strongly preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendum may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Human Resources
Attention: 22-003211-0002/ Linnea Maker
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
The MD State Application Form can be found online. If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Maryland Department of Labor at 410-230-6300.
Maryland Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|