ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II - CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||9/28/2022 10:57:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/12/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$22.67 - $34.82/hour|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
The Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) is charged with protecting and preserving the State's air, water and land resources and safeguarding the environmental health of all Maryland’s citizens. The Agency’s mission is to protect and restore the environment for the health and well-being of all Marylanders with a vision of healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities and ecosystems in Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land and Materials Administration
160 South Water Street
Frostburg, MD 21532
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Six years experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year for up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate have the following:
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite programs primarily Word and Excel.
- xperience using spreadsheets to track expenditures, manage data, and create reports.
- Experience using spreadsheets and /or databases tracking and managing multiple annual projects.
- Experience working with technical professional, such as engineers, geologists, and environmental scientists.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.