PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER I
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||8/1/2022 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,874.00 - $55,254.00.year with potential growth to $68,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Six years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 30 semester credit hours in one or more of the following subjects: English, journalism, public relations, writing or other similar and related areas of study and two years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in public affairs specialist classification or public affairs specialty codes in the information and arts field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal applicant would possess:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication or Journalism.
2. Three years of experience doing research on a wide range of subjects.
3. Two years of experience in writing or copywriting.
4. One year of experience using Google Works and Microsoft Office Word to compose and edit documents.
5. One year of experience with social media tools and websites.
6 One year of experience with content marketing strategies.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.