ASSISTANT TO THE COMMISSIONER I WORKERS' COMPENSATION COMMISSION
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||6/14/2022 09:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,937.00 - $48,750/year with potential growth to $59,832.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Analyzes, prepares, calculates and processes legal Awards/Orders from the Commissioner’s decisions and legal documents submitted. Processes Subsequent Injury Fund (SIF) orders with minimal assistance and guidance. Addresses inquiries on Commissioner Duty days and in a Commissioner’s absence.
·Examines case documents for legal sufficiency prior to the hearing of a compensation claim. Coordinates the flow of legal documents and information between other divisions within the Commission and a Commissioner. Handles dockets, including but not limited to: reviewing, assembling and breaking down, pre and post data entry, emergency and special request scheduling and postponements.
· Researches and interprets workers’ compensation laws and regulations in order to provide a Commissioner with relevant information needed for the adjudication of workers’ compensation claims. Reviews US mail, interdepartmental mail and email for processing, answers phone, and walk- in requests and inquiries applying to Workers’ Compensation law, regulations and procedures.
· Prepares itinerary, leave requests and expense accounts, schedules appointments, telephone conferences/hearings and meetings for the Commissioner. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work requiring knowledge of the function, organization, procedures and governing laws and regulations of the Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Six months experience providing paralegal support to a Workers’ Compensation Commissioner in the review, adjudication and processing of contested workers’ compensation claims.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in work requiring knowledge of the function, organization, procedures and governing laws and regulations of the Workers’ Compensation Commission on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Paralegal Specialist classifications or Paralegal Specialist specialty codes in the Legal and Kindred field of work involving workers’ compensation claims on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number (22-003507-0002) on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Submission of a resume isencouraged.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, responses to supplemental questions and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Attn: Personnel Division
10 E. Baltimore Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
For more information please email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Workers' Compensation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WCC that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|