CDA Lending and Risk Analyst Senior I (C22080)
Loan Underwriter - SSBCI
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Administration|
|Date Opened||5/15/2022 09:54:00 AM|
|Salary||$29.89 - $42.05/hour (Grade 20/Base-Step 13, with promotional growth to $48.95)|
|HR Analyst||Nayeli Rios|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position focuses on business and commercial real estate underwriting. This position performs a level of work examining, analyzing, and interpreting financial and construction data that may include but is not limited to business financial statements, corporate tax returns, audited non-profit financials, profit and loss statements, construction documents such as contracts, plans, specifications, blue prints, construction budgets, feasibility studies, commercial appraisals, environmental studies, geotechnical studies, change orders, notice of completion. Additionally, this position performs financial analysis of applicants documents to determine eligibility (as applicable) for business and commercial real estate loans up to $5 million dollars.
Underwriters should be familiar with market trends relating to mixed use properties that include several revenue streams such as retail, commercial and residential leases. Underwriters must be able to generate 20 year pro-formas and be able to calculate financial ratios. The work may require travel throughout the State of Maryland to attend conferences, hearings, meetings or site inspections.
- Conducts eligibility review and underwriting
- Assists with program administration
- Conducts marketing and outreach
- Maintains databases and provides reports
Experience: Four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and/or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) and four years of professional financial, lending and risk or construction analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, or grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports, or managing government housing projects.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Construction Management or a related field and four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field and two years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or two years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting or Loan Officer Classifications, or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work in business and industry classification, or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Attn: Nayeli Rios, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|