CDA Lending and Risk Analyst Senior I (C22035)
Construction Management Officer
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Housing Dev Program|
|Date Opened||6/21/2022 12:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.89 - $38.95/hour (Grade 20, Base - Step 9 with promotional growth to $48.95)|
|HR Analyst||Miles Peterson|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland benefits
Work that Matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. As such, the primary function of the Community Development Administration is to encourage and support affordable homeownership and rental housing in Maryland. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference in their neighborhood.
DHCD has an immediate opening for a full-time Construction Management Officer. The individual in this position is responsible for the review and approval of the contractor and architect, plans and specifications, construction estimates, work scope, environmental investigations and other related analysis. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the progression of funded projects and approving requisitions at varying stages of construction completion. The construction management officer works closely with others in a team setting and provides written feedback to the Construction Administrator during the design process.
The types of projects reviewed and monitored include new construction, substantial rehabilitation and moderate rehabilitation. Projects range in size from one million to thirty-five million dollars. Required skills include the ability to read plans and specifications, analyze construction estimates, perform field monitoring and administration, have a full understanding of building and related codes and be able to work in a team setting.
DHCD offers a flexible work schedule, telework and job sharing options; training, advancement and career path opportunities; casual business dress on Fridays and a competitive salary. There is ample and our offices are located in walking distance to the New Carrollton MARC Train Station.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Experience: Four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and/or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) and four years of professional financial, lending and risk or construction analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting, budget, or grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports, or managing government housing projects.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Construction Management or a related field and four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or four years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or a related field and two years of professional financial/risk analysis experience concerning government lending or assistance programs, or two years of experience in Construction Management pertaining to single family and or multifamily housing government programs (as applicable) for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting or Loan Officer Classifications, or Financial Management specialty codes in the accounting field of work in business and industry classification, or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year experience reviewing and approving plans, specifications and construction estimates.
- Prior experience in all phases of the Construction, Architectural, Engineering or Real Estate Development Background.
- A MS in structural or civil engineering or an licensure in architecture held currently or in the last 5 years.
- Familiarity with energy efficiency, and indoor air quality designs and technique.
- Project Management Background a plus.
- Housing Development Background a plus.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- Attn: Miles Peterson, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment