BUILDING SECURITY OFFICER II
|Department||DGS Maryland Capitol Police|
|Date Opened||4/26/2022 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,468 - $42,622/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Acts in a courteous and helpful manner when screening employees and visitors in order to present a positive image of the State of Maryland, the Department of General Services and the Maryland Capitol Police.
- Reads, comprehends and adheres to all DGS-MCP Standard Operating Procedures, Rules of Conduct, Executive Orders, Administrative Orders and the laws of the State of Maryland in order to function efficiently and effectively each and every day.
- Observes and reports incidents in order to minimize loss or damage to property and equipment.
- Recognizes and report, incidents or malfunctions which would endanger the safety of occupants, to DGS-MCP communications as they are observed or have knowledge of.
- Performs fire, light and security checks by patrolling and observing, both interior and exterior of assigned facility, in order to recognize hazards, as or before they occur.
- Report the presence suspicious persons and those who are determined not to have official business on State property in order to prevent unauthorized entry into facilities.
- Staffs crosswalk positions allowing employees and visitors the ability to safely navigate streets in and around state facilities.
- May be assigned to post(s) that require the understanding or ability to operate x-ray machines, metal detectors, solar vehicle, bicycle, Segway, etc.
- Other functions that may be required that enable this agency to fulfill its government mission which is to provide law enforcement and physical security to the Department of General Services owned and managed property.
Education: Ability to read and write.
Experience: Two years of experience in building security work.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Master-At-Arms classifications or law enforcement specialty codes in the site security field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 410-767-4410 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay