CORRECTIONAL CASE MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,594.00 - $87,424.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Trisha Hunter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Provides direct supervision of the Case Management Specialists by providing information and guidance, performance expectations and evaluations and recommending disciplinary action.
Responds to inquiries from inmates, family members, outside agencies, attorneys and others regarding inmates incarceration and about agency policies and procedures, in person? by telephone and in writing.
Coordinates, monitors and participates in training of case management unit staff to ensure continuity of services and to ensure compliance with agency policy and procedure.
Disseminates and interprets relevant information pertaining to agency policy and procedure to other institutional departments via staff meetings and written correspondence to ensure knowledge and compliance.
Assumes duties and responsibilities of a case Management Manager in the absence of the case Management Manager or in facilities without a manager, to assure continuity of services within the facility.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience assessing inmates' security risk and inmates' program needs for the purpose of determining correct security classifications and developing program plans.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Title 12, Subtitle 10 of the Code of Maryland Regulations.
2. Candidates may substitute one year of experience as a Correctional Officer for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of experience as a Correctional Dietary Officer, Correctional Maintenance Officer or Correctional Supply Officer for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in correctional classifications or correctional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at the rate of two years of military experience for one year of the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the required selection standards and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a Correctional Classification Counselor. Selection standards for correctional training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|