DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES ASSOCIATE
|Department||MDH Holly Center|
|Date Opened||7/29/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320.00 - $50,025.00/yr with potential growth to $63,797.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Camper-Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Three years of experience providing direct client services in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university with 15 credit hours in health or human services, education or the behavioral sciences and one year of experience providing direct client services in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in the treatment of developmental disabilities in a mental health or closely related curriculum including a supervised clinical practicum in a developmental disability or similar behavior modification setting for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working in a residential facility
- Experience working in a classroom setting
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Persons appointed to a position in this classification without certification as a Nursing Assistant must successfully complete a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant training program and receive certification as a Nursing Assistant within six months from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks. Appointees who fail to successfully complete this requirement will not be retained in these positions.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.