Assessment & Nurse Monitoring
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE II **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||3/9/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $79,734.00, with potential growth to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Works with professionals from other disciplines to plan and implement healthcare services in the community
- Participates in identifying community health needs and developing alternative solutions using health department and community resources;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and recommends revisions as necessary;
- Participates in an on-call rotation for afterhours call;
- Collaborates on special projects in the community to promote wellness;
- Monitors the Long -Term Services Support (LTSS) tracking system for alerts related to referrals, updates client information (LOC, change in status, reportable events, etc.), and assures information is accurate. Troubleshoot/clarify/works through issues with MDH.
- tracks referrals assigned
- Manages an individual Assessment and Nurse Monitoring caseload to provide nursing care to individuals, families and the community
- Performs and provides individual assessments of social determinants of health and makes appropriate referrals to a variety of community resources;
- Ensures confidentiality of written, electronic and verbal communication;
- Uses appropriate lines of communication within and outside the agency;
- Responds to requests for information in a timely manner;
- Provides interpretation and translation services according to agency policy;
- Provides education appropriate to meet the needs of those with functional needs;
- Documents work accurately and within agency guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitors NM visit due report to gauge timeliness of delivery of service and makes recommendations for programmatic improvements
- Participates in internal meetings, chart review process, audits and case study presentations to monitor services and ensure standards of best practice;
- Participates in nursing research as assigned;
- Attends professional development related to assigned duties;
- Complies with standards for infection control and risk management;
- Maintains compliance with standards of care through training including, but not limited to: CPR certification, Local Health Department (LHD) Nurse Dispensing, Laboratory Operations, Personal Protective Equipment, After-Hours On-Call procedures, FEMA trainings, and Data Security and Confidentiality compliance.
- Participates in local and regional committees, meetings and activities related to community health as appropriate;
- Participates in emergency preparedness drills, exercises and after-action hot washes;
- Accepts responsibilities for special projects as assigned;
- Administers injections to adults and children.
- Participates in continuous nursing education and training that enables community health nurses to fully function under nursing COMAR regulations to promote public health through prevention education, chronic disease management or community outreach programs.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with disabled and/or elderly populations
- Experience with home visiting
- Strong computer skills
- Mandarin bilingual preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number must accompany your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|