COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE SUPERVISOR
Clinical Practice & Training Manager
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||9/30/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,493.00 - $81,446.00 (with potential growth to $100,547.00/ year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
- 25% Management of Clinical Flow and Administration [(including, but not limited to, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis, Immunization, and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Program (PrEP), Breast and Cervical Cancer Program, STI]- This includes incorporating standard of care practices including direction of the operations of programs in accordance with state policies and regulations; evaluation of clinic efficiencies and implementation of a comprehensive patient flow analysis, services, and outcomes; plan, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing staff and other health care staff; develops and implements policies and procedures for programs in order to carry out functions of the programs in accordance with State standards and guidelines; Utilizes a variety of data sources determines needs for additional health services within the department or community; works with Program Supervisors, Bureau Director and Deputy Director to develop and implement evidence-based programs in the clinics and community to improve county level health indices; communicates progress to all levels of the department and county agencies. Completes incident reports as needed. Provides feedback to supervisors of clinic staff on their performance in clinic.
- 20% Leads Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities to improve patient outcomes and maximize revenue. This includes revenue cycle management and monthly meetings with clinical and billing staff to review coding and claims. Serves as a Superuser for HCHDs EHR to ensure that all clinical programs are using the EHR correctly and consistently by setting standards and conducting trainings.
- 15% Collaborates with Nurse Program Supervisors and Nurse Supervisors to develop a comprehensive orientation training for all nurses within Howard County Health Department. This training ensures ongoing public health nursing clinical competencies for all nursing staff through clinical and didactic trainings. Collaborates with the Director of Nursing and the Assistant Director of Nursing to conduct annual clinical and non-clinical public health nursing competencies.
- 10% Serves at the Employee Health Nurse ensuring that new and current employees receive necessary immunizations and receive an annual evaluation for appropriate respirator protection. Works collaboratively with Human Resources to ensure appropriate policies and procedures and developed, implemented and evaluated to ensure patient and staff safety.
- 20% Provides clinical nursing services - for clinics as needed and in accordance with nurse practice act and education, which may include immunizations, communicable disease, maternal and child health, and adult health. Coordinates services with other staff, health services providers and agencies.. Ensures pre-clinic preparation post-clinic documentation are completed. Manages clinic flow for individual and concurrent clinics.
- 5% Attends staff meetings and participates or leads medical discussions, training, case studies and lectures. Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5% Supervision- Completes PEPs, approves leave requests and timesheets; follows HR policies and guidelines.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience as a Community Health Nurse.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a Registered Nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute a Master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Desirable candidates should possess at least one year of experience as a charge nurse including managing and supervising staff and overseeing schedules
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating clinical trainings
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating quality improvement/quality assurance initiatives
- Experience with using an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of clinic management including scheduling and billing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a registered nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number should be uploaded on your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|